Different Kinds of Stress
STRESS. We all feel it but what kind of stress are you experiencing? Knowing this can help you find ways to combat your stress moving towards a healthier life. Here are the 3 main forms of stress:
- ACUTE STRESS: This is the most common form of stress. We experience it daily from normal day to day activities like a project deadline, a strenuous new workout, or being stuck in traffic. This type of stress is manageable especially through regular massage sessions. Here are the symptoms to look out for:
- Emotional Distress: ANGER, DEPRESSION & ANXIETY
- Muscular Tensions: Some of these include muscle pain, back pain, and tension headaches
- Bowel Discomfort or digestive issues: These include heartburn, flatulence, diarrhea and even Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Acute Stress can also result in high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, heart palpitations and even migraine headaches
- EPISODIC ACUTE STRESS: Worry Warts and Type “A” Personalities often suffer from this type of stress. Episodic Acute Stress amplifies the symptoms of Acute Stress meaning that individuals with this type of stress experience persistent tension headaches and migraines, hypertension, heart disease and even chest pain.
- CHRONIC STRESS: This stress is the kind where individuals feel trapped of weighed down by the circumstances they are in. This stress has been described as an anchor weighing people down and has been associated with suicide, heart attacks, and stroke.
Stress can compound in our lives. Ascribe to self-care to help alleviate and rejuvenate from the stressors in our daily lives. If you are a sufferer of Chronic Stress seek help. You are not alone.