Your Body and Abdominal Massage
Massage does wonders for your body. It relieves stress, helps to manage anxiety and gives our muscles needed relaxation. Many people have heard about a Deep Tissue Massage or a Swedish Massage but have you heard about Abdominal Massage?
Abdominal Massage is a technique used to focus on the gut. This technique is used to help people alleviate gas buildup in their intestines and is especially beneficial to IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Here are the many benefits of Abdominal Massage and why you should talk to a massage therapist before getting one.
The Benefits of Abdominal Massage:
- Improve Your Digestion! Abdominal Massage (even self-abdominal massage in the morning as you lay in bed) will help stimulate blood flow to your intestines and improve digestion meaning more nutrients for your body!
- Stress-RelatedIssues: IBS and other Issues that are magnified by stress can be helped with the use of abdominal massage. With regular massage, the symptoms of IBS can be alleviated. These symptoms can include: Abdominal Cramping, Bloating, Diarrhea, Constipation, Extra Mucus in stool and flatulence
- Optimize Your Organs! Abdominal Massage increases blood flow to your internal organs. This increases your blood circulation and aids in the removal of waste.
- Scar Tissue: Many people have scar tissue on their abdomen from Cesareans or other surgeries. Through massage, your abdominal muscles will be reinvigorated leading to scar tissue breakdown and alleviate deep muscle spasms.
- Reduce Pain: Discomfort is one of the most noted symptoms of IBS. Abdominal massage works out the excess gas build up and reduces the severity of pain and discomfort.
Abdominal Massage is very beneficial when you go to a trained massage therapist or a therapist that is familiar with this form of massage because the direction of the strokes it important. Strokes in the wrong direction can cause constipation or exacerbate a condition. Also if there has been any abdominal surgery – lap band, hernia or others- the time frame to wait before abdominal massage is important to prevent complications or work on an area that may still be healing.
Abdominal Massage is a great way to regulate your digestive tract. It can alleviate gas buildup and intestinal spasms. A happy gut leads to a happy life. Live pain free through regular massage sessions.